Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Special Gift

Friday we received the most wonderful gift.  Our friends Sam & Mary sent us a HUGE box of fabric for our adoption sewing projects.  I have been having a blast sewing and being creative to help bring our new baby home.  My sister, Melissa,  showed me a pattern she had used to make purses and I adapted it to make different sized bags.  I am going to sell what I can in town and then upload the rest to my etsy shop.  Here are the first few.  Thanks Sam and Mary for the fabrics and Missy for the skype tutorial.  Love you all.


Here are our first few financial hurdles:
  Description                                               Goal Date                        Status
  1.  $50 Application Fee & App Mailed          July 16, 2010             Completed!!!
  2.  $300 Adoption Class Fee                            Sept. 15, 2010              Completed!!!
  3.  $1200 Home Study Fee                              Oct. 5, 2010               $607.00 to go!
  4.  $1000 Matchbook Fee                                Nov. 1 2010
     (This is where we write a letter/family profile or scrapbook that will then be shown to birth moms)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the fabric. I am making you a special bag :) Sold 2 since yesterday! Getting so excited for this little baby!

    ReplyDelete