Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

Friday, September 10, 2010

Success!

Day one of our garage sale was a success.  We sold almost all of the big items we were hoping to and we still have tomorrow morning.  Levi enjoyed hamming it up for the visitors thus producing at least two offers to buy our children (which of course we refused).


We are a bit closer to completing our home study.  I know it has only been a few months but I am so eager to meet our little one I can hardly wait.  God is so faithful.  I love watching the numbers go down on our goal sheet and see how creatively He is supplying for our need.  Praise the Lord for HE is mighty in power!


Here are our first few financial hurdles:
  Description                                               Goal Date                        Status
  1.  $50 Application Fee & App Mailed          July 16, 2010             Completed!!!
  2.  $300 Adoption Class Fee                            Sept. 15, 2010              Completed!!!
  3.  $1200 Home Study Fee                              Oct. 5, 2010               $393.98 to go!
  4.  $1000 Matchbook Fee                                Nov. 1 2010
     (This is where we write a letter/family profile or scrapbook that will then be shown to birth moms)

No comments:

Post a Comment