Well, the last two days were a whirlwind. We had to drive to Phoenix with three sick kids which was so sad. Since Sharon's call on Monday asking us to meet with them about finances we have been praying and reflecting on God's provision and goodness to us. We had an intense few days where we knew God is faithful and that He has been confirming each step as we take it in this process and yet we knew other people were making the decisions. On one hand we know God can override the agency but on the other hand even if we are obedient we know that He also may have other things He is doing in this adoption that we may not see. Tuesday morning I woke up with a peace that could only be from God-I felt the emotions and concerns of all that could happen if the agency said they could not certify us but I knew that we have been seeking the Lord in every move in this adoption and that despite everything He would be faithful. I stopped praying that the adoption would move forward and started praying that He would be magnified, that we would be a testimony for His activity in our lives and the amazing ways in which He had provided for us as a family.
Here is how the next two days played out.
Tuesday morning I usually have Play Group at the church with a bunch of moms and kiddos but we found out Monday that the parking lots were both being paved so we had to move it to our home. In the middle of the night Monday all tree girls woke up with pretty high fevers and I was up almost all night doing meds and baths. Tuesday morning our vacuum stopped working as I was cleaning, our iron broke as I was getting Aaron's clothes ready and our kitchen sink faucet broke and the RO waterline sprung an impressive leak. I stood over the sink and just cried out to God. My kids probably would have been a bit concerned had they walked in on me but I just asked Him take this day and be glorified in it. That He would somehow redeem it and whether or not the house got done or my kids were sick or we didn't get to adopt through the agency-that I would submit and that He would be clearly seen in us and in our responses that day. I grabbed mail before we left for Phoenix to find one letter. Apparently as of December 30th Kate will no longer qualify for our insurance-so now we will have two children who are uninsured! We got on the road right on time, thank the Lord, and Levi slept the entire drive (which limits the number of potty stops). Then Tuesday night our amazing babysitter in Phoenix, Madi, rode her bike to meet us at the guest house so that we could get into town and literally drop the kids off and head to the agency. We had no idea what the meeting would be like but it we just continued to pray that we could share testimonies of what God has done in our lives and how faithful He has been. We were so encouraged. We sat down and went over our budget and were able to share how we filled out the budget according to their specifications for 6 months but that in 6 months we don't spend in all the areas they outlined. We shared how God has been leading us and how at the beginning of this process we didn't even have money for the application fee yet he has provided for every step right on time. Erika and Sharon both understood where we were coming from as far as how carefully we spend and how ministry budgets seldom make sense on paper. They do want us to find alternative insurance because ours is subject to our income and can drop if we get any kind of raise but we need to find that anyway now that Kate and Madi have been disqualified. Before we left they prayed with us and we felt so blessed to be a part of this agency and their ministry. They do share our philosophy on family and ministry and it was such a relief to hear that. After our meeting I thought back on the day and how it started with so many complications. I kept thinking about how easily we could have allowed Satan a foothold in our thinking or the way we responded to the blips in the road but how God so beautifully showed us His gentle hand working so fervently in one day. The house got clean and I was actually able to sit down before the mommies started arriving. The vacuum got somewhat fixed and I was able to get most of the areas vacuumed. The RO guy happened to be in our neighborhood and was able to replace both the pressure gauge and RO line under the sink before we left for Phoenix. Our landlord happened to be home and was able to come by and replace our faucet and fix our front door knob. The girls had a date sequestered in my bedroom watching Netflix with hot chocolate during play group so they wouldn't infect the other kids. We were able to express our hearts at the meeting without being defensive or offensive. We have found some great options for insurance if God will work out the details. He truly is a faithful God.
I think this week has been a good reminder that God can be clearly seen in the little thing that happen in our day. He is not off waiting for us to call for help He wants to be and is actively involved in the details. He is right beside us wanting to guide each step, each attitude, each response-if we will submit.
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment